Emerging Toddler Program: (12-24 months)
Our older infant classroom is designed to focus on the individual growth of each child. We recognize that when children are 12 months old, they need to explore, be encouraged to communicate, walk and engage in cooperative play. We have designed a curriculum to encourage your child’s physical, intellectual, emotional and social development, while continuing to provide a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment. Our Emerging Toddler curriculum is based on each child’s individual development and needs. Our goal is to allow your child to grow and develop in their own time until they are developmentally ready for our Toddler classroom.
Emerging Toddler Objectives
- Large Muscle: Walking, running & climbing and catching and rolling a ball
- Language: Group Time, singing songs, reading books together, storytelling and finger plays & expanding language abilities
- Cognitive: Counting, sorting, simple puzzles, stacking & learning about colors and shapes
- Creative: Dramatic play, art activities, cutting and painting, sensory play
Emotional and Social Development
- Interactive Skills: Providing hugs and snuggles, acting silly and laughing & recognizing and giving names to their feelings
- Behavioral Skills: Encouraging cooperation & playing peek a boo and pat-a-cake
Feel free to Contact Us to learn more about our Emerging Toddler Program or to take a tour of one of our centers.