School Age: (Kindergarten through grade 5)
Creative Kids has a well-planned child oriented curriculum. We feel that curriculum development is an on-going process to meet the needs of your child. Each month themes are introduced in your child’s classroom and divided into specific weekly programs and daily activities. Our curriculum is based on the following learning objectives: physical, cognitive, emotional and social development. As your child advances through Creative Kids, the specific skills learned at each level serves as a foundation for learning at the next level.
School Age Objectives
Creative kids offers a safe, secure, and stimulating environment. Your child is given the opportunity to choose from a variety of individual or group activities: arts and crafts, science and discovery, dramatic play and constructive building. Children may also receive assistance with school assignments.
- Balance: movement, games, and sports
- Large Muscle: climbing, running, and group games
- Small Muscle: art activities, and building activities
- Language Encouragement: conversation, encouraging reading and writing
- Cognitive: through ideas, art and storytelling
- Creative: through dramatic play, art activities and music activities
- Self-Esteem: creating positive reinforcement and encouraging self-exploration
- Independence: providing choices, self-motivation and self-help skills
- Interactive Skills: discussing rules and limits
- Behavior Skills: encouraging cooperation, learning respect and responsibilities of others
Additional School Age Services
- Lunch provided at no additional charge
- On-site guest speakers and educational field trips
- Homework help
- Music Program
During the summer months, Creative Kids Academy spends time each week exploring the twin cities parks, museums, historical landmarks, and sports venues.
Feel free to Contact Us to learn more about our School-Age Program or to take a tour of one of our centers.